Sunday, October 23, 2016

My Story

Tonight at Church, it was Youth Night! Probably, one of my favorite Sunday Night Services! I love seeing what our Children of the church are doing and what amazing talent they have. We are newer to our church, but are getting very comfortable with our new family and so are our children!
Tonights service was beautiful, but one presentation that stood out most was 'My Story". Each Youth Wrote a struggle in their life on a white poster board and walk silently out while music played displaying their struggle to the church, later turning their poster board over to reveal how God got them through this struggle. The more Youth that came out, I could look around the church and see the tears rolling down everyone's faces. To imagine some of their struggles and how they had the courage to share with the older women and men of the church is powerful. A few that hit home to me was "My best friend moved away, and I felt all alone." and the next one I cant remember how exactly it was worded because I was crying, "I was upset we moved away from my home."
But as they all came out, and were standing up there, I thought to myself what would my sign say? What is my story? It took the dark car ride home and tucking my kids into bed to make me narrow it down. So here is my story and a little about how I found Christ.

At the age of 19, I was dating my now husband. Very early in our relationship we became pregnant. Of course unplanned and very unexpected, but a huge blessing in disguise. An unplanned pregnancy put a strain on our relationship, and things weren't a "fairytale". The pregnancy was fine, and had no issues. At 19 weeks I went into find out the sex and found out more than I expected. It was a girl and I was a high risk pregnancy due to a shorten cervix. At 22 weeks I went into premature labor, and thankfully the doctors and nurses stopped it. My doctor told me at 22 weeks if I wanted to have a healthy baby I needed to be put on bedrest. At the age of 19 going from 8 hours a day at Hair School, 5 to 6 hours at work to absolutely nothing, was the hardest thing I have have ever done. But I knew it had to be done.
My Mom came into my room one day with a pink blanket with a white teddy bear on it with wings and a cross, it snag too. She had told me, that I was beautiful, and going to be a great Mother. That God was in control and all I needed to do what keep praying. My Mom never really shared her beliefs with us, but I knew deep down inside she believed, and I wanted to believe too.
At 24 weeks I was seen in Labor & Delivery again for contractions. They were stopped and I was discharged, After going home, I remember praying. Now I knew there was a God, and I was Baptized as a baby, but we never attended church as a child unless we went with a friend. But I remember praying to God, that I wanted my baby to be healthy, and that I wanted my baby to live. That God need to tell me what I needed to do to keep my baby from coming premature and unhealthy.
I went into labor again at 26 weeks and I prayed again to God asking him to stop it and that if he would stop my labor and make my baby healthy that I knew there was a God and I wanted to follow him.
If you know me, I can be stubborn at times, and I need someone to show me point blank, what is what. My labor was stopped, I never went into premature labor again. I did have contractions and my cervix did thin and dilate more, but I was induced at 39 weeks with a Healthy 7 lbs 9 oz beautiful baby girl named Trinity Rene'e.
Trinity turned a year, and Corey was home on R&R when we worked out our issues and became a family. Looking back on almost 6 years of marriage and 3 kids later, Corey and I wouldn't have been where we are today without me finding Christ. For that I am forever great full! We are blessed, very blessed.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you. It's every fathers dream that his kids be happy and healthy. That also goes for his grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was beautiful! and now you are making me think- what would be my story

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your story Cassie. I always love seeing and hearing about how Christ works in our lives. What a blessing for you!

    ReplyDelete