Friday, January 20, 2017

Those feelings.

I just realized I Started a bunch of blogs but never finished them. But I am sure after you read this If anyone does. You'll understand the last few weeks have been a blur. Life has been happening, and I haven't really felt much. So here this goes.

When we left Maryland in May, we knew coming to Louisiana was going to be great! A low key duty station where its busy in the summer, slow in the winter! Nondeployable, or less likely to deploy. But it's the Army, so honestly, anything can happen. And when I say anything, Anything is right.

We knew this election was a significant factor in the Military life. One candidate​ wanted to build up our Military and make it stronger, Not forget the Vets, and help them out.
The other candidate, not so much. Like any American, I know that neither likely President Elected were the "best" and we needed to vote for what was going to help his "career" out the most.
Little did we know, his career was coming to an end. That's right, end.

13 years in (14 in July), 3 deployments, tons of schooling, Trainings, TDYS, multiple jobs he can hold, and he is being discharged.

I didn't mention the fact that he lost hearing in Iraq in 2007. Hurt his shoulder in Afghanistan in 2012, and was injured in a jump in 2013. But with all these injuries, he got up, did his job, never maintained a profile and continued to work his ass off (sorry for my language But I am hurt.) for this Country! While now we get to sit on the couch and watch "entitled protesters" destroy a Country my husband has fought for, for almost 14 years. I also get to read Negative Nancy complaining on Facebook because "their President" didn't win. I get to watch Pro Athletes choose not to stand for the National Anthem and get paid for it. But in a few months, my husband will no longer be serving the Country he has put his life on the line for many times all because of "budget cuts."

Tell me how it's okay, We'll adjust, and we can get a job, and everything will be okay. Because I just love people half ass caring about how our transition is going to be so easy. (I told you my feelings were hurt). My husband has only ever worked for the Army. My husband signed up before he was legally an adult, Why? Because he wanted to fight for his Country and he did just that fought for his Country. Now we are fighting to make sure his Country takes care of him! Because my husband deserves to be medically discharged. Because my Vet deserves to be able to retire and not have to worry about seeing a Dr. for pain, and how are we going to pay for that appointment or medication they may prescribe.
To discharge someone who has worked so hard, gave his Country so much before he can enlist till retirement, is foolish. It is crazy. It is ridiculous. It is hurtful and bullshit!

As a wife, I get to sit here, pick up the pieces and put my hard working husband back together and tell my kids everything's going to be okay.

He may not get what the Government deserves to give him, but we get what God wants us to have. His plans are made, and we just have to follow.

3 comments:

  1. I love you guys and you know we are here for you anyway we can be. ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you said. Such an injustice to him and our country. I hope and pray that he gets the medical discharge and that the promises made for the VA are kept.

    ReplyDelete